The "Private Training" Service is outlined as follows on the Dog Adventures Northwest website:
- One hour of in-home private training with a licensed, bonded, and insured rewards-based dog trainer
- A written report of the training session with recommended homework
- Common topics addressed include basic skills (sit, down, come, drop-it, leave-it, loose-leash-walking, coming when called), leash reactivity, desensitization of feared stimuli, crate training, potty training, scent work, search and rescue, and tricks. Highly aggressive dogs will be referred on to a veterinary behaviorist.
Private Training Expectations
Contractors agree to do the following when delivering the Dog Adventures Northwest Private Training service:
- Arrive at the client's home within five minutes of the scheduled arrival time.
- In the event of anticipated or actual lateness, alert both the client and Dog Adventures Northwest via text or phone call.
- Start service through the Time to Pet app upon arrival.
- Treat a client's home and property with care and respect. Behave in a professional manner at all times.
- Do not allow any persons or dogs other than yourself onto a client's property or in a client's home unless specific arrangements have been made with both the client and the Dog Adventures Northwest Manager.
- Teach a one-hour lesson on behavior management, operant conditioning, and classical conditioning, based on the client's goals for their dog.
- Use solely positive reinforcement and negative punishment operant conditioning. Absolutely refrain from positive punishment and negative reinforcement operant conditioning, either through training or management tools.
- Follow the standard operating procedures in the "Safety and Emergencies" section of the online company handbook.
- Stop service through the Time to Pet app upon departure and fill out a brief spell-checked and grammar-checked report card through Time to Pet upon departure.
- Post a full write-up of the session on the "Conversation" feed of the client's Time to Pet page within 18 hours of the training session. The write-up should include in-depth descriptions of how to practice all skills learned in the session, goals for the client's independent practice, and notification of or suggestion for the next training session.
- If handing the client dog off to another Dog Adventures Northwest Contractor for any reason, fill out the "Private Note" field on the client's Time to Pet profile and the "Trainer-to-Trainer Private Note" on each pet's Time to Pet profile with helpful information.
- Absolutely refrain from alcohol, drug use, and cigarette smoking while in the client's home or on the client's property. Be completely sober from drugs and alcohol in the client's home and on the client's property.